Wednesday, August 31, 2005

John Lennon could never Imagine

Sunday I worked in the church nursery. I held “Tyler”, an infant about the size of a medium woodchuck and dripping germ laden fluids from every orofice. Tyler fussed on and off and needed constant attention. Bonnie, the nursery commandant, decided I should change Tyler since I had him mostly quiet. I found his diaper bag, pulled out a clean diaper and noticed a bottle containing a white liquid. The changing tables were full. Rather than stand in line, I sat in a chair and stuck the nipple in Tyler’s mouth. He sucked madly, then his eyes closed: sound asleep in less than a minute. That meant I didn’t have to change his diaper.

Sitting with a sleeping baby and nothing else to do, I looked at the disposible diaper. It had little ducks printed on it in faint pastel colors. Out of the duck bills came little music notes and there were words with the notes. I had to take off my glasses and hold the diaper practically against my eye to focus.

Imagine all the people

Living life in Peace…”

Wow! John Lennon, immortalized on disposible diapers! Could he ever have imagined that? Did Yoko Ono sell those words to Pampers? How much did they pay? What else could we immortalize on diapers?

“We hold these truths to be self-evident…”

“Baby got big Back…”

Churches should print their own complimentary diapers:

“Let the little children come unto me…” Matt 1914

“We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed…” 1Cor 15:51

Will any of my words ever find their way onto disposible diapers? Probably not.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And they're available at Wal-Mart - the generic section! Imagine that.

Noel

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home